The Airtime DIY repair kit that has what you need to fix your kite yourself. Be prepared to fix almost any problem your kite may develop with this professionally assembled repair kit.
This kit can't duplicate the results of a professional sewn repair but is a good option for those that aren't worried about resale value, are fixing a kite that is at the end of its life, or can't access a professional repair facility. Regardless of the claims made by other repair kit providers, a DIY repair with fiberglass tape and glue will always look like a self fix, won't be as strong as a sewn repair, and can affect the performance of the kite by adding weight and affecting the stretch of the canopy.
The backbone of the repair kit is the Seam Grip glue famous in the outdoor community for its incredible strength and flexibility. The Seam Grip glue not only works wonders seaming fabric back together but also works to reattach failing valves. This versatile glue allows us to offer you a simple kit that will take care of almost any repair need you may have.
- The kit comes in a quality 6" x 6" x 2.5" box with a watertight seal and locking lid
- 20' of fiberglass tape (compare to KiteFix FiberFix)
- 1 oz tube of Seam Grip glue
- 5" stainless steel scissors
- 10' of Dacron repair tape (5' white, 5' black)
- Bladder patch kit with a 5 3/4"x3" Tear-Aid adhesive patch
- 1 roll of masking tape
- 1 Sharpie marker
- Plastic spreader card
- 99% alcohol swabs
- 5 zip ties
- Detailed instructions
- Coupon for the current professional repair promotion